Recently, we partnered with Drive-Thru on Demand to develop a new tool for you to use to promote your new curbside pickup options available through DTOD. In light of recent events with COVID-19 and the ever-changing needs of restaurants like yours, we wanted to be a source of help, if even in a small way.
With that in mind, we’re offering this tool for your website, completely free of charge, with no obligation of any kind. Below you’ll find more information on the tool (currently available as a wordpress plugin, or as a standalone script), as well as installation instructions, and details on how to get in touch with us if you have questions or need help.
I’d like to personally thank you for all that you’re doing to serve your community during this time. I wish nothing but the best for you and your business during this time and once we’re all looking back at this craziness. Until then, if there is anything we can do to help your business, please do not hesitate to let us know. We offer an array of design, production and website services that can help you navigate for the long haul. Maybe it’s just a tweak to your website, or maybe it’s high time to do that rebrand you’ve been dreaming about. Just shoot us an email or give us a call – no hard-sells, no obligations, no pressure. We’d love to help.
WordPress Plugin Instructions
The WordPress version of this popup box tool should work for you right out of the box. Just install it, activate it, and you’re good to go with the basic settings. In addition, there is a settings page that you can refine some of the options and defaults. Future updates will work just like other WordPress plugins, just update the plugin and take advantage of new features and bug fixes.
Here’s how to get started with your Drive-Thru on Demand partner website popup modal box.
- Download the ZIP file here. (You don’t need to unzip the file.)
- Login to your WordPress dashboard, and click Plugins in the left-hand sidebar.
- Click “Add New” in the sidebar below Plugins, or at the top of the Plugins page.
- Click Upload Plugin at the top of the page, and add your downloaded ZIP file from the Choose File option. Click “Install Now”.
- Once your plugin has installed successfully, click Activate Plugin.
- The plugin should work with default settings out of the box. To update the options and defaults, you can navigate to the plugin settings page under Settings in the left sidebar, or on the plugin list page.
If you have any trouble with the plugin, installing or otherwise, please reach out to email@example.com. We’ll get you squared away.
Standalone Script Instructions
If your site is not run on the WordPress CMS platform, you may be able to take advantage of our standalone script version of the modal tool. This script requires access to the footer code of your document.
To get started with the standalone version:
- Copy the entire script below, including the begin and end messages.
- Place it in the footer of your website, just before the <body> tag. (Some website services and themes have an option for custom JS code. Refer to your host/providers instructions on where to place this code snippet.
- There are three options available to take advantage of. You can choose between the light/dark theme, a timer/exitintent option, and the time in seconds before the modal pops up (if timer is selected). These options can be changed on the lines that start with “var” in the snippet below.
If you have any trouble with the script, installing or otherwise, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the Github page for this script for the latest versions or to report an issue. We’ll get you squared away.